8 Hilton Road, Carterton, Wellington
A quality century homestead built in villa style located right in the heart of the Wairarapa. Only seven minutes to Greytown and just over an hour to Wellington. This beautifully preserved three-bedroom colonial home sits on 1.5 acres of park like grounds with a circular tree-lined driveway and established gardens. If you need outbuildings or extra living space, then look no further. This is an ideal family property with lots of space for indoor and outdoor living.
* Three bedrooms (including a spacious main bedroom with a north-facing bay window and three-piece ensuite)
* Formal sitting room with open fire and French doors opening out onto wrap around rolled roof verandahs
* Spacious living room with a tastefully renovated kitchen – wooden cabinetry and paneling, two skylights, a Rayburn stove with radiators, a large walk-in pantry and French doors opening out onto the back deck spanning the length of the house.
* Additional heating – a heat pump, open fire, & HRV
* Behind the house is a 100-year-old converted barn. It consists of a two-storied, one-bedroom self-contained, rented flat and also a large studio with three-phase electric power that has been used in the past as a cabinet-maker’s workshop and as an art studio.
* Garaging for five cars – a double carport near to the house and a triple garage with an attached workshop to the west.
* Multiple small sheds/stables used as storage areas
* 7,220 m2 land area sub-dividable into prime sections with well-established gardens and mature trees.
If you are searching for a character home that is private, peaceful and full of birdsong and potential then look no further.
Calltoday for your appointment to view this very special property.